
Selamat pagi :)
Wow, what a whirl wind it has been. I arrived in Malaysia in KL on Saturday and stayed with a lovely Malay woman, Fauziah and her daughter Deanne in the city for the first two nights. I was quickly introduced to the amazing Malaysia food, you wouldn't believe the variety!!! and the low low cost of everything!!!
After an Orientation at AFS HO in KL we visited the Batu Caves (goggle it, it is amazing!!!) and then later we went around some shopping malls and I brought a Baju Kurung (which is a formal Malay dress, but I bought the top option to wear with my pants :)
I then left the next day after a Nasi lama breakfast (coconut rice). Yum!!!
A 4 hour bus brought me to Kuantan on the East Coast where I am now staying with Swa, To Kee (Puan Wong) and Ann and Rose, a Chinese Malay family. It is so amazing! So much amazing food. We have about 4 meals a day and the food is incredible. I have spent two days at school, Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Sultan Abu Baka (SABS), everyone here are so nice and welcoming and want to talk to you! Yesterday after school we drove to Pekan to see where the Sultan lives and we saw a traditional silk fabric weaving.
The students here are just like at home, they are funny and like to have conversations, but they are really interested in me and all ask me questions (not so much like my little cherubs back home) :) I gave a 5 minute speech today in front of the whole school 1300 students. It was a bit crazy. When you walk around the school every student says 'Good morning teacher' and all smile at you. The teachers wear formal clothes every day such as all women wear skirts and men have to wear pants and shirts. All the countries school uniforms are the same, just with a different school logo and every Wednesday all the students wear a uniform from the Polis (police) or army or red cross or whatever group they belong to. The students here have loved looking at all the photos of my family, friends and school back home :)
The weather here is also outstanding! (bit hot on occasion, but I am working with it). It has been mostly in the 30s and humid! Will post some pictures as soon as I can connect the camera to the computer!!! Also have videos (of choral speaking, some impromptu speaking and dancing) to upload as soon as I can.
Missing everyone back home, esp my hubby, Saya Cinta Awak :)
No comments:
Post a Comment